Get ready to tear down obstacles of the mind and body. RYLA promotes opportunities for youth to develop leadership, engage in teamwork, and build problem solving skills.
Camp Redwood Glen
Scott's Valley, CA
All high school sophomores and juniors in Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo counties.
April 20-22, 2018
Scholarships are automatically awarded, covering all costs and transportation.
RYLA In Detail
RYLA stands for Rotary Youth Leadership Awards.
RYLA is one of the most significant and fastest growing programs of Rotary International. Each year thousands of young people take part in the local RYLA programs worldwide.
RYLA PARTICIPANTS GAIN SKILLS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Communicate more effectively
- Develop listening skills
- Participate in some public speaking in a warm, supportive environment
- Identify the characteristics of effective leaders
- Learn about different styles of leadership
- Observe effective leaders in a meeting situation
The Rotary Clubs in District 5150 sponsor leadership training programs for sophomore and junior high school students in Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo counties. The three day camp emphasizes leadership, citizenship, and personal growth.
- Identify the various types of personalities
- Learn to work cooperatively with others
- Learn about effective time management
- Learn how to handle stress
Problem solving strategies:
- Learn creative thinking skills
- Learn practical problem solving and decision making skills
- Use a problem solving model in a practical situation